Cambre Associates is looking for a Public Policy Consultant with knowledge and experience in EU chemical and environmental policies.
In this senior role, you will work on the development and implementation of advocacy programmes for clients active in these sectors. In addition, you will organise and participate in meetings, events, conferences and be responsible for monitoring, analysing and reporting on policy and legislative developments (REACH, CLP, RoHS, POPs, Cosmetics Regulation, Circular Economy, etc.) as well as contribute to wider communications activities.
- Advises on and develops public policy strategies and has an understanding of EU policy communications;
- Identifies, monitors and provides thorough analysis of relevant EU initiatives in the chemical and environmental fields and their impact for clients;
- Identifies and flags new issues, threats and opportunities;
- Implements government relations and meeting programmes;
- Drafts policy materials and tools;
- Delivers presentations to clients;
- Organises and attends events;
- Participates in new business development.
- University level education;
- Strong understanding of the chemical and environmental policy areas
- Four to six years of experience with excellent knowledge of EU policy making;
- Sound analytical skills;
- Excellent drafting skills in English, ability to tailor narratives to different audiences;
- Good organisational and project management skills;
- Able to work independently and in teams;
- Excellent inter-personal and communication skills;
- A positive, can-do attitude;
- Experience in managing and coaching junior staff useful;
- Previous experience in a public affairs agency would be preferable.
- Account manager contract;
- Attractive compensation package;
- Stimulating international work environment;
- Opportunity to develop and grow.
Start date: as soon as possible.
Please apply only if you meet the requirements. Unfortunately, due to the very high number of applications we receive, we will only contact shortlisted applicants.
Please note: Applicants for this vacancy should have a valid EU working permit. To apply, please send a short cover letter and CV (two pages maximum) in English both as attachments to Robin Rosbak at officemanager(at)cambre-associates.com by 17 July 2019 with the subject line: EU Public Policy Senior Consultant – Chemicals.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis so we encourage you to apply as soon as possible.