Cambre Associates is looking for a Senior Account Executive to join our trade and external relations team. The successful applicant will support public and private clients on foreign policy and trade issues.
This is an exciting opportunity for a professional with a passion for EU external policies and keen to work in a stimulating multicultural, multinational environment.
Deadline for applications: 15 February 2021 (11.59PM)
Start date: ASAP
- Providing strategic counsel to clients on EU external policies, regulatory issues, communication and advocacy opportunities.
- Keeping up with the latest trade, customs and external relations developments, as well as interplay between EU internal policies and interests of non-EU companies and countries, with a view to tapping into new opportunities and identifying risks for (potential) clients.
- Maintaining direct relations with clients in a position of responsibility as project manager.
- Collaboration with Cambre’s digital, media and marketing teams to jointly develop creative tools and programmes to support clients.
- Support the development of our trade and external relations business through the enhancement of existing relationships and acquisition of new clients.
- Active development of Cambre’s network amidst policy-making circles.
- Working with the Cambre trade and external relations team to implement existing marketing projects with a view to securing visibility for the practice.
Qualifications and experience
- At least 2-3 years of working experience in public affairs or EU institutions, ideally with a focus on trade, customs, EU external relations, agri-food and commodities.
- University degree or similar in law, international relations, public policy, European affairs or similar.
- Excellent command of spoken and written English and French (mandatory requirement), preferably plus at least one other European language.
- A good understanding of or interest in European politics, EU external relations, foreign affairs and trade.
- Public affairs experience, including raising levels of familiarity of issues with policymakers and the diplomatic community would be a strong advantage.
- Commercially astute with a strong sense of client service, including experience in direct relations with clients and project management skills, including event management.
- Direct experience of using channels of mass and social media, direct and indirect political lobbying, and community mobilisation. Digital skills and understanding and use of digital platforms and opportunities would be desirable.
- A full-time employment contract;
- An attractive compensation package;
- A stimulating international work environment;
- An opportunity to develop and grow.
Due to the high number of applications, we will only contact shortlisted applicants. Applicants should have a valid EU working permit.
To apply, please send your CV and a cover letter (two pages maximum) to email@example.com, with the subject line: Trade & External Relations Senior Account Executive – Your Name.