To reduce our carbon footprint and to integrate sustainable development practices into our business, Cambre Associates has implemented a Sustainability Action Plan.
To implement this plan we have appointed a in-house sustainability officer to analyse our overall environmental impact. As part of this process, we will continuously be assessing how we use resources such as energy and water; how we deal with waste; how we travel to work; and what services and products we use. A sustainable approach to consumption in our offices will contribute to increased environmental and economic efficiency. As we change our practices, our ecological footprint will be reduced. We also look at our impact in the community and the health habits of our team members.
We are working to ensure that the principles of sustainable development are integral to all we do. Raising awareness amongst our staff in order to influence behaviour at work is a key strategy.
Achievements to date are numerous and include, but are not limited to:
- Development of energy and water consumption benchmarking schemes
- Implementation of a fully integrated recycling regimen
- A sustainable purchasing policy for furniture and electronic equipment
- Replacement of all high energy consuming light bulbs
- Power-saving features on all electronic equipment
- Use of recycled and chlorine-free paper
- Standard settings on printers to use ink light fonts and double-sided printing
- Membership in the United Nations Global Compact*
- We recognise that there is room for improvement and are taking steps to make that happen.
The UN Global Compact is a strategic policy initiative for businesses, such as Cambre, that are committed to aligning their operations with universally accepted principles in the areas of human rights, labour, environment, and anti-corruption. Please click here for further information.
In March 2011, Cambre submitted its first UN Global Compact Communication On Progress.