Cambre Associates is looking for one senior and two junior consultants to join our external relations and trade team, supporting exclusively the Mission of a Middle Eastern country to the EU.
The successful candidates will work partly in-house, aiming to advance the diplomatic relations with the European Union, providing support with policy and media monitoring, analysis, public diplomacy outreach, communication campaigns, and overall diplomatic support in a wide range of policy areas.
This is an exciting opportunity for a professional with a passion for EU external policies, specifically with interest in the MENA region, and keen to work in a stimulating multicultural, multinational environment.
Deadline for applications: 21 March 2021 (11.59PM)
Start date: ASAP
- Providing strategic counsel to the Mission on EU external policies, regulatory issues, communication and advocacy opportunities.
- Keeping up with the latest trade and external relations developments, as well as interplay between EU internal policies and interests of MENA/GCC countries, with a view to identifying risks and opportunities for engagement.
- Development of working plans on policy priorities and support their implementation by coordination of outreach activities.
- EU policy and regulatory monitoring and analysis, including (social) media coverage and other EU stakeholders.
- Analysis of EU policy developments, alerts on reputational risks, and research.
- Preparation and/or adaptation of materials for meetings and outreach to EU policy-makers and stakeholders.
- For the Senior Consultant role: Maintaining direct relations with the Mission in a position of responsibility as project manager, as well as liaising with the Cambre team on a regular basis.
Qualifications and experience
- Junior Consultant 1: At least 1-2 years of working experience in public affairs or EU institutions, ideally with a focus on trade, EU external relations, MENA region.
- Junior Consultant 2: At least 2-3 years of working experience in public affairs or EU institutions, ideally with a focus on trade, EU external relations, MENA region.
- Senior Consultant: At least 3-5 years of working experience in public affairs or EU institutions, ideally with a focus on trade, EU external relations, MENA region. Strong sense of client service, including experience in direct relations with clients and project management skills, including event management.
- University degree or similar in law, international relations, public policy, European affairs or similar.
- Excellent command of spoken and written English and French (mandatory requirement). Knowledge of MENA/Gulf Arabic a strong advantage.
- A good understanding of or interest in European politics, EU external relations, foreign affairs and trade, notably in the MENA region.
- Public affairs experience, including raising levels of familiarity of issues with policymakers and the diplomatic community would be a strong advantage.
- Direct experience of using channels of mass and social media, direct and indirect political lobbying, and community mobilisation. Digital skills and understanding and use of digital platforms and opportunities would be desirable.
- A full-time, permanent employment contract;
- An attractive compensation package;
- A stimulating international work environment;
- An opportunity to develop and grow.
Due to the high number of applications, we will only contact shortlisted applicants. Applicants should have a valid EU working permit.
To apply, please send your CV and a cover letter (two pages maximum) to firstname.lastname@example.org, with the subject line: MENA/Mission in-house team – Your Name.